Pulselive is a leading technology company specialising in sport. We’re proud digital partner to some of the world’s largest sport organisations, including:
- Premier League
- International Cricket Council (ICC)
- World Rugby
- Indian Premier League (IPL)
- Australian Football League (AFL)
- Barcelona Football Club
- Leicester City Football Club
- Liverpool Football Club
- Women's Tennis Association
This means we’re responsible for creating, developing and managing digital platforms, reaching millions of sports fans every day; whether that’s the official Rugby or Cricket World Cup website or the Premier League’s Android and iOS apps.
Why We’re Unique »
We operate at the intersection of digital, social media and broadcast, in an industry that’s rapidly evolving and converging through technology. We help our clients adapt to the way sports fans, like us, are rapidly changing their consumption habits.
It’s how we engage a global audience of passionate fans that gets us excited, in addition to the creative and technical challenges this presents. We’ve a team of highly talented and motivated creatives, developers, product managers and operators that work together to make this happen.
We have the added benefit of being a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation. This gives us a range of benefits, from financial security to staff discounts. We remain independently run and retaining a young, energetic start-up mentality is of great importance to us. Our team is currently ~100 strong, predominantly in the UK, with other offices in Bulgaria, Madrid, Melbourne and Atlanta
The Role »
You’ll be working to put users at the centre of our design process in order to deliver digital experiences that sports fans can’t live without. As part of a rapidly growing UX practice, you’ll need to thrive in a fast paced environment, enjoy planning and conducting research sessions, and excel at compiling actionable research findings and recommendations on tight timelines. With a couple years of experience under your belt, you’ll have solid research skills and an appetite to help establish best practice. In turn, you’ll get to work with some of the biggest names in sports on products that bring enjoyment to millions of people worldwide.
In a year, you’ll have...
- Helped to grow our research practice. You’ve taken initiative and run projects independently, owning every part of the research project (recruitment included!), but you also spoke up when support or guidance was needed. You’ve worked with stakeholders to define key questions and objectives, ensuring alignment across teams. You’ve conducted generative research to explore new opportunities and drive innovation, tested concepts as they were being developed, and evaluated products once they were rolled out.
- Synthesized qualitative and quantitative research findings. You found creative ways to generate and present learnings and recommendations within the company and for our clients, helping to cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more empathetic organization. From developing posters to polishing decks, you crafted compelling stories and actionable insights that directly impacted the product direction.
- Championed the importance of data in design. You’ve helped advance the way we track and monitor user behaviour across websites and apps, informing company wide analytics strategy and technical implementation. You feel like a pro with Google Analytics and Firebase (and maybe some other platforms, too!), finding creative ways to capture, manipulate, and display data. Most importantly, you’ve distilled the data into formats that clients can understand and act upon.
- Worked to establish research as part of our core business model. You’ve identified and acted upon opportunities to integrate research into the creative process and development cycle 一 shaping the way that we build products and educating other members of the team. Depending on the client, business objectives, timeline, and budget, you’ve scaled your approach up and down to ensure that the user remains at the centre of our decision making. In doing so, you exemplified the value of research, helping to further grow our team.
- Championed research and user experience internally and externally. You helped mentor cross-functional teams on how to lead effective research, ensuring each project started with objectives and was grounded in measurable KPIs.
In the past, you have...
- Executed qualitative and quantitative projects from start to finish, following rigorous research methods to ensure top results. You’ve run projects using a wide variety of research methods, like usability studies, interviews, surveys, and field research.
- Worked in collaborative, cross-functional teams. You know how to work with designers, developers, and product managers to turn insights into recommendations and requirements that feed directly into product development.
- Worked with clients and stakeholders, creating research proposals, overcoming challenges, and presenting findings. Having communicated research findings before, you understand the best way to tell a story.
- Been exposed to the interplay between business requirements, product strategy, technical constraints, and user experience.
It would be great if you...
- Are comfortable with statistics and analytics, and know SQL, SPSS, and/or R
- Have experience with analytics platforms
- Have experience building surveys
- Love sports and have a strong understanding of the different stakeholders in the space
- Are fluent in another language (bonus points for Spanish or Hindi)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this role please follow this link: https://apply.workable.com/