As our User Experience Researcher, you will be part of a small, but growing UX & Research team that will report to the Sr. UX Director. The right candidate will be a champion for our users by bringing their perspective to the table through sound research and solid knowledge of user-centered design practices. This role will require practical execution of research in both primary and support roles. Success will be measured by advocating for users and ensuring that user needs are at the forefront of discussions and decisions made for our products and services.
Our research needs are broad, from ethnography and market research to experimentation, from formative to evaluative, and may involve both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Work closely with product and development teams to identify research topics
- Develop studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Conduct heuristic evaluations of products, services and processes
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
Who You Are
The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, both a tactical and strategic thinker, informed about UI design and the user-centered design process, experienced with social platforms, comfortable in a fast moving organization, passionate about collaboration, and focused on bringing the best digital and service experiences to our clients and consumers, globally.
We are looking for individuals with strong skills in qualitative and mixed methods, product-focused studies, usability evaluation, contextual inquiry, surveys, interviews and card sorts, as well as working and negotiating with outside vendors when necessary.
- Degree in human-computer interaction, anthropology, sociology, communication, market research, information science, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience in applied product research or user experience research
- Passionate about and experience with executing hands-on, primary research
- Experience with survey research (questionnaire design, sampling, analysis)
- Experience conducting cross-cultural research
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Ability to clearly communicate complex, research-informed data analytics to a lay audience
- Experience with user research related to accessibility a plus
- Information Architecture background a plus
At Bazaarvoice, our vision is creating the world’s smartest network of customers, brands and retailers. Each month, more than one-half billion consumers view and share authentic opinions, questions and experiences about tens of millions of products in our network. Our technology platform gives leading brands and retailers solutions that enable them to engage with consumers wherever they shop – online, in-store or on their mobile devices. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Bazaarvoice has offices across North America and Europe.
Why Join Bazaarvoice?
- We’re committed to client success: There are over 5K brand and retail websites in the Bazaarvoice network. Our clients represent some of the world’s leading companies across a wide range of industries including retail, apparel, automotive, consumer electronics and travel.
- We’re leaders in consumer-generated content: Each month, more than one-half billion consumers view and share authentic consumer-generated content, such as ratings and reviews, curated photos, social posts and videos, about products in our network. Last year, 135K reviews were submitted each day.
- Our network delivers: Network analytics provide insights that help marketers and advertisers provide more engaging experiences that drive brand awareness, consideration, sales, and loyalty.
- We’re a great place to work: We pride ourselves on our unique culture. Join a company that values passion, innovation, authenticity, generosity, respect, teamwork, and performance.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.