Cognizant has implemented an internal accelerator program called LaunchPad, where teams put together companies and build their products using lean and agile methodologies. The design team at The Studio (Quick Left) is responsible for providing research, strategy, design and user testing for these teams during the 6-month program. For funded projects, designers continue to refine, test & implement changes to products. The Studio values individuals and their commitment to a team approach. Being part of our team includes direct and honest communication with colleagues, management, and venture leads. We value pragmatic solutions above all else.
A User Experience Researcher at The Studio conducts both generative and evaluative research for LaunchPad products and collaborates with a UX Designer to translate that research into actionable insights and design strategy.
User Experience Researchers will be responsible for leading all research and user testings efforts on their assigned products. This position is for a practical researcher who excels at bringing both data-driven insights as well as creative problem solving to a design engagement. On the LaunchPad, researchers will be paired with a UX Designer and a Software Architect. Experience translating research insights into design concepts is strongly desired and ability to collaborate well with other designers and developers is a must.
Above all else, the UX Researcher brings the ability to dive into a problem space, ask the right questions, and advocate for the needs of the user within the design process. Be it through the creation of research plans, personas, journey maps or more, the researcher communicates the needs of the users to stakeholders, designers, project managers, and developers. We are seeking people with flexibility and creativity in their approach to research. A good candidate will be able to communicate research findings in a way that is both diplomatic and persuasive.
** A UI/UX designer with strong experience in research and testing who wants to move more towards a purely research and testing role will also be considered for this position.
- 2+ years of experience with UX Research
- Experience structuring and conducting field visits and usability studies
- Knowledge in a wide range of UX Research and synthesis methods, knows when and why to apply them
- Ability and willingness to adapt the UX Research process to an agile environment
- Evidence of translating research outcomes into design products and practices
- Experience in survey design, knowledge of best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort collaborating with other designers, as well as across departments and teams
- Can accept a background check and reference checks
- Experience working with enterprise software
- Some understanding of design and prototyping tools
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Experience using quantitative analytics tools and A/B Testing to drive product decisions
- Some travel may be required
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 270,000 employees, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Contact Molly Rempe (email@example.com) if you are interested.
ONLINE APPLICATION: https://jobs.lever.co/quickleft/7103e4e3-bcc3-442d-85c1-4cbe871d8750