J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB)—Treasury Services Digital Channels
The Researcher brings a highly skilled, human-centric component to the UX team, leading a range of activities such as discovering user needs, developing innovative service ideas, collaborating across teams and stakeholder groups, and testing design concepts before bringing them to market.
Your days will be spent embarking on research projects, learning about user behaviour, and working side by side with designers, technologists, and product managers, to create a shared vision for the future of Treasury Services Digital Channels.
Your main focus will be providing the Digital Channels team with the tools and self-awareness it needs to continuously grow in knowledge about our clients and employees, generating actionable data. The Continuous Insights service you define for J.P. Morgan and the engagement model with regions and teams in the Digital Channels business will help facilitate a culture in which empathy and outcomes become a core capability for growth. You will partner with a team who seeks to understand through empirical observation, experience and making.
- Design User Research proposals with clear hypothesis, scope, audience and methodology
- Conduct contextual user interviews, synthesizing insights, delivering Insight Reports through contexts most likely to inform decision making
- Propose and implement a quantitative research methodology which harnesses existing data relating to user behaviour, reports this in a manner able to drive prioritization of work and created a continuous feedback loop that seeks to refine the quality of data sourced
- Lead the introduction of a new usability evaluation service for SCRUM teams and product managers to iteratively test solutions, in a timely manner, using methods ranging from Guerrilla testing to more formal Lab based-studies
- Work in partnership with technologists, designers, client enablement and service specialists, and product managers to evaluate experience design concepts from early sketches to fully functional prototypes
- Conduct desk research to identify trends in user behaviour within the finance sector and across a range of other sectors and find creative approaches to feed insights back into the Digital Channels organization
- Manage user research requests from across the organization, proactively proposing mechanisms by which demands can be met
- Contribute to a set of shared artefacts such as Personas, Journey Maps, Metrics, and Research processes, which serve the wider team.
Experience and Qualifications
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You will be experienced, under no illusions about the challenge, but resolute to embody the change you want to see as part of a team of design-thinkers who will support one another.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors / Ergonomics, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive / Experimental Psychology, or similarly relevant field (Master’s/ Doctorate preferred)
- Experience running UI/UX or user studies measuring both qualitative and quantitative data
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships and manage strong on-going communications with individuals who are willing to participate in an on-going research program
- Experience of proposing and applying experience metrics in enterprise organizations, and establishing methods by which to gather and report back on insights against agreed metrics
- Energetic and responsive personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong awareness of both Service Design and User Experience Design and able to plan research studies that can gather insights appropriate to each
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, hands-on and creative environment
- Working knowledge of organizational culture and design
- Proficiency in statistical analysis
- Enthusiasm in utilizing a diverse set of approaches to creative problem solving
A portfolio with samples of work must be reviewed before an interview will be scheduled.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
US-NY-New York-383 Madison / 41039
CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANK
Corporate Brand J.P. Morgan