About Doctor On Demand
Doctor On Demand’s mission is to improve the world’s health through compassionate care and innovation. We believe that health is personal, and means so much more than treating illness. We're proud of the care we've provided over the years and the relationships we’ve developed with our patients, as evidenced by the 5-star reviews we continually receive. People use our service to gain access to some of the best physicians and licensed therapists in the country, all whenever and wherever is most convenient. It’s as simple as opening the Doctor On Demand app on a smartphone or computer.
Through live video visits, our hand-picked, US-trained doctors take patient history, perform an exam, and recommend a treatment plan. Prescriptions, if needed, go directly to the pharmacy of choice. While insurance isn’t required, tens of millions of Americans enjoy covered medical and mental health visits through employer and health plan partnerships. To learn more about the hundreds of medical issues we treat, visit us at DoctorOnDemand.
We’re looking to hire a second UX researcher who has a passion for making a difference in people's lives. We’re solving big problems through the intersection of design and technology -- problems that give you autonomy to build meaningful solutions across the product. As the second researcher within the Product organization, you will have the opportunity to influence and build best processes from the ground up.
- Partner closely with our Lead Researcher, Product Designers and Product Managers to provide research that supports business goals and user needs, evaluating hypotheses in scope definition and requirements.
- Identify key research questions and objectives, and execute on multiple research methods that best align with project needs, spanning from surveys to co-creation workshops to in-depth contextual interviews.
- Apply both qualitative and quantitative research at various design and product development cycles, to craft thoughtful and best in class user experiences.
- Analyze and synthesize findings into actionable insights, recommendations, and frameworks, effectively communicating them to product and cross-functional stakeholders to aid in decision-making.
- Define, implement and standardize metrics, reports and dashboards that outline our customer feedback and customer journey metrics across our service.
- Work through and understand complex regulations and edge cases while always advocating for ease of use and customer needs.
- Contribute to shaping and instilling a strong design culture, leading by example with effective communication, presentation, and collaboration strategies.
- Educate broader team on research best practices and evangelize research methods and results throughout the organization.
- Ability to independently conduct and apply a variety of customer research methods, as well as design thinking and rapid prototyping.
- Strong user interviewing, survey building, and analytical skills.
- Experience communicating insights and recommendations in a consumable, engaging way using artifacts such as reports, journey maps, personas, and other formats as appropriate.
- Experience with MixPanel, Looker, and/or Google Analytics reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with designers, product managers, engineers, analysts, and other partners.
- Solid understanding of design principles, UX patterns, and desktop, mobile web, native iOS and Android platforms.
- You are able to show the impact of the research you have done.
- Hunger for the design process and inclusive design.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in user experience research and design, and a portfolio to go with it.
- Experience recruiting for, conducting, and applying user experience research, including gathering and synthesizing qualitative feedback from external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Visual or Interaction Design, or related discipline.
- Ability to remain seating in a stationary position roughly 50% of the time, as well as the ability to move about.
- No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of about 20 lbs. of force (e.g., picking up and computer / laptops) may be required.
- Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, laptop, and mobile devices).
- Business travel may be required.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Doctor On Demand reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position, employees may be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.