Turner owns and operates some of the leading cable television networks and related properties in the world, including CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Turner Classic Movies, Adult Swim, truTV and Turner Sports, reaching an impressively broad domestic and international audience. We are not just about TV! Turner manages digital sports, including bleacherreport.com, NBA.com, NCAA.com, PGA.com and our newest – E LEAGUE. See more of what we are about at http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
- The UX Researcher supporting Turner Sports will conduct research to reveal who are our fans, explore their behaviors and motivation, identify their needs and unmet opportunities and convey how our products fit into their lifestyle
- You will work closely with product managers, user experience, designers and engineers to provide insights that will guide their decisions in design, feature development, and product prioritization
- You will infuse user experience research at all stages of product development to help create engaging fan-focused experiences across multiple digital platforms - responsive web, native mobile apps, connected devices, wearables, and emerging technologies
- In this role, you will be primarily responsible for conducting, analyzing and reporting on user experience and product research for Turner Sports brands
- You are highly collaborative with success in applying a variety of agile UX research methods and delivering insights in a fast-paced and changing environment
- You also have strong competencies with more formal, in-depth testing. You have a proven track record influencing decisions by using creative ways to deliver our findings - oral, written, presentations, video highlights, infographics and more
- The UX Researcher will report to the Manager of UX Research for Turner Sports The UX Research must be able to work with moderate supervision on multiple concurrent projects across different sports brands
- You will work with other researchers and data analysts to triangulate data from different sources to develop comprehensive and coordinated recommendations
- As part of Turner Sports growing UX Research practice, you will help to evangelize UX research best practices and socialize findings among the Turner Sports team
What will you be doing?
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of user experience and product research (study design, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Hands on experience with a variety of agile and in-depth methods including interviews, usability studies, lab-based user testing, product concept testing, iterative prototype testing, ethnographic research, surveys, hierarchical task analysis, complete user process analysis, persona and customer user journey development, and more
- Flexible and pragmatic approach to conducting impactful research across the product cycle - ideation, design/development, and launch/validate
- Direct experience conducting research on a variety of devices (desktop, mobile, tablet, connected devices)
- Ability to effectively explain and present research methods and findings to designers, engineers, product managers, and others, enabling data-informed decisions
What do we require from you?
- 2 years of relevant work experience with proven track record of integrating user research into product development cycle and working with cross-functional teams
- 2 years of experience in applied research setting
- BA/BS degree in Human Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Highly collaborative and works efficiently to achieve user, product and business goal
- Strategic thinker, intellectually curious and constantly seeking new innovations in user and product research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills to present insights and recommendations persuasively, in a compelling, easy to understand manner
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers (Link to: http://www.workingmother.com/turner#page-2)
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.