As the Vice President of User Experience Design (UXD), you help define and drive the future of LogMeIn UCC design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for users, craft, and design fidelity to guide research and design processes, mentor talented members of your team, and collaborate with leaders across the company create innovative experiences across all of LogMeIn’s UCC products.
You will lead the design philosophy for UCC and its corresponding suite of products, partnering with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering to make our products the most engaging, productive, and fun in the industry. As part of the UCC executive leadership team, you will lead a re-invention of our end-user design philosophy for an entire suite of products and make “design thinking” a core part of the DNA of the company. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create.
You should be an enthusiastic leader that commands respect and inspires those around you. Passion and fervor for product design with a deep knowledge of leading methodologies and practices should be your bread and butter, and your ability to communicate and translate vision into action should be second to none. Can you succeed in a rapidly changing hyper growth environment that has matrixed organizational structures? We’ll need you to. We operate nimbly but always with purpose.
- Deliver a UCC UX vision and strategy, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the larger vision over time:
- Develop an inspirational, user-centric design vision for our offering portfolio aligned to overall company strategy and objectives.
- Be responsible for and effectively advocate for users in a fast-paced climate, imparting day-to-day design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, content, business, and engineering.
- Drive a customer- and user-centric mindset, leading the team to maintain an easy-to-access customer pool for user research and design validation purpose.
- Identify and drive opportunities to align design and experience across our lines of business and products.
- Anticipate design opportunities to deliver customer value created by new technologies.
- Manage, coach, and grow a world-class multi-discipline User Experience Design team, covering user research, interaction design, visual design, data analytics, and other areas of design, including:
- Recruiting, mentoring, and nurturing a highly engaged and passionate organization.
- Championing and promoting design thinking, research, and processes within an agile organization.
- Leading internal design thinking and visioning workshops to help the team translate customer insights into product direction.
- Continuously improving our methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
- Generating, communicating, and evangelizing insights, designs and visions to project teams and senior leadership.
- Ensure the delivery of high-impact output by:
- Inspiring and motivating the team to provide innovative solutions to customers.
- Developing deep partnerships across the executive team and cross-functional peers to set strategy, priorities, and resourcing.
- Working with key stakeholders, Product Managers, Product Owners and Software Architects, drive design solutions moving forward.
- Ensuring quantifiable business impact via data-driven, informed, and human-centric design goals.
- An advanced degree in Industrial Design, HCI, User Interaction Design or design related areas.
- 10+ years in UXD, visual design, and user research with 5+ years specifically leading UX teams.
- At least 5 years managing multi-layer teams, covering multiple discipline of design.
- Experience working in a cloud software product company, driving design from planning to release over multiple releases, serving millions of users.
- Experience working in a business with a diverse portfolio offering across multiple lines of business.
- Experience designing for a broad set of UI platforms including web, desktop, and mobile.
- Familiar with modern software development process and has a clear sense where experience design team can fit in.
- Ability to distill complex processes into simple, clear, user interactions.
LogMeIn simplifies how people connect with each other and the world around them to drive meaningful interactions, deepen relationships, and create better outcomes for individuals and businesses. One of the world’s top 10 public SaaS companies, and a market leader in communication & conferencing, identity & access, and customer engagement & support solutions, LogMeIn has millions of customers spanning virtually every country across the globe. LogMeIn is headquartered in Boston with additional locations across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Be Accountable - even when no-one is looking
Thrive Together - greatness comes from unlocking each other’s potential
Advance Confidently - we find opportunity and act on it
Collaborate Openly - our whole is greater than the sum of our parts
Engage Fearlessly - we speak up and listen