Do numbers tell you stories? Can you relay complex information in bite-sized nuggets to non-researchers? Do you enjoy influencing business decisions by providing fact-based recommendations infused with intuition? Our Research and Insights Team is comprised of wizards who practice the craft of “art and science.” We spend much of our time looking back at performance — and even more time looking forward making actionable recommendations for growing our business. We specialize in content, audience and revenue insights across all platforms. Come check out our pioneering work in predictive modeling, performance marketing and algorithms. Pocket protectors not required.
Innovative, strategic leader of primary research initiatives that bring actionable insight to the sales strategy process. Must be able to develop creative research solutions that uncover consumer/category insights and cultural/social trends that influence media engagement and advertising effectiveness. Responsible for overseeing the entire research process, from developing client study proposals, to designing research approach, through to vendor management and final articulation of business implications.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Thought Leadership Studies: Develop creative, innovative research studies that will help drive revenue and increase client engagement
- Consumer & Behavioral Insights: Partner with Sales Management in identifying consumer and media research that can deliver the greatest value for the sales organization, as well as engage interest from agencies, marketers and industry. Develop studies to advance our understanding of how media, society, and culture influence viewer and advertiser engagement.
- Manage and market the A+E Networks viewer panels: Manage audience fan panels across our big three networks to be leveraged as an advertiser engagement tool. Develop ideas for clients to link their brands with our engaged and influential audiences; position opportunity to access consumer insights and build custom research solutions
- Lead custom ad effectiveness research: Work closely with sales SVPs to identity opportunities for leveraging qualitative & quantitative primary research to demonstrate the efficacy of linear TV campaigns, including program sponsorships, integrations, and custom vignettes. Also responsible for implementing innovative measurement methods for assessing the impact of multiplatform campaigns (TV + Online + Social)
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
As the media industry grapples with fragmentation and disruption, a key facet of Research is to be the driving force in helping their company capture, report on, monetize, and understand audiences. An opportunity lies in Research to work across divisions and departments to create a unified language that ensures that internal clients understand—and take advantage of—complex metrics. The key is giving the necessary context so that decisions can be made. While this sounds disarmingly simple, it is a challenge to get the majority of the company to speak the same language and understand new vernacular. Research is a central force within the broader organization in gaining an objective perspective for a wide array of complex questions. It may sound academic – and certainly there is a portion of the job that requires a love of learning – but the primary attribute that will bring you success is curiosity. For example, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of what motivates someone to tune into a show, buy a product based on placement of an ad, become a fan on social media, or why certain types of programs are successful across regions of this country and abroad. Ultimately, each research candidate gets a better understanding of the rigor that goes into making business decisions by uncovering not boulders, but pebbles along the path to connecting to A+E Networks core asset, its content.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
- 4+ Years College
- Qualitative Research (ethnography, focus groups)
- Quantitative Analytics (statistical analysis, segmentation)
- Questionnaire Development & Design
- Strong presentation capabilities (narrative development, clear, concise articulation of actionable insights)
- 7+ Years Primary Research Experience
- Strategic thinker who is highly critical and articulates creative solutions
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you’ve read this far, you’re likely a great fit for us…and maybe you’re fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.