The Experience Strategist provides ongoing insights, provocations and thought leadership on the end-to-end customer journey and the back-office processes and workflows.
- Carry out user research to uncover new insights and opportunities, understand current needs and wants, and test potential design solutions.
- Identify insights by analysis of quantitative and qualitative data from user research, consumer research and competitor data to drive the experience strategy.
- Design and facilitate problem-solving ideation sessions, coaching multi-disciplinary teams on how to use insights to drive creative solutions.
- Formulate and clearly communicate front-office and back-office strategies based on insights uncovered.
- Translate strategies into tangible, meaningful and useful solutions across digital and physical products, services and spaces.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, customers, researchers, designers, product managers and developers on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new concepts.
- Translate user needs and business goals into requirements.
- Create communication tools, such as journey maps, service blueprints — using the appropriate tool for the task.
- Bring concepts to life using sketches, illustrations, frameworks, wireframes, storyboards and prototypes.
- Comply with all regulations pertaining to BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT, and OFAC. Complete annual BSA training. Report suspicions of criminal activity, or any attempt to avoid BSA reporting requirements on the part of customers or employees, to the AML/BSA Compliance Department. For supervisory positions, ensure BSA training requirements are completed by staff.
- For all internal research requests, assist the team in tracking the pipeline of requests and updating the team and our partners across the company on decided priorities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Tactical experience in service design, user research and human-centered design.
- Experience partnering with, or conducting qualitative and/or quantitative research, from insights to implications.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within multi-disciplinary and cross-departmental teams.
- Ability to solve complex problems in an ambiguous environment.
- Comfortable being customer-facing.
- Strong written, visual, and verbal communication skills and ability to present ideas confidently.
- Interest and passion for people and cultures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: B.S. or B.A degree in HCI, Experience Design, or a related field with 6 years of experience in a UX design or research role or a Masters’ Degree and 4 years of experience in a UX design or research role