About the job
At Electronic Arts, we exist to inspire the world to play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. For our team, in particular, we also consider optimizing employee experiences so the output equates to great products and happy customers.
You’ll help investigate the validity of assumptions from product teams, designers, and team members using both quantitative and qualitative research.
Our goal is to help build simpler, more empowering employee experiences that also meet business needs. We work within IT which affords us the opportunity to affect software decisions, digital experiences, technological capabilities, and resolving Employee Help friction.
Design thinking is at the heart of what we do. We take an iterative approach to design and try to get it this side of right every time. We’re looking for someone willing who is not afraid to present a viewpoint that is based on data plus likes critically thinking about their own research methodologies. You will report to the Manager of Research who reports to the Director of Experience Design.
You will focus on 4 areas:
Improve our storytelling abilities to help simplify decision-making and prioritization for product roadmap creation. (influence and persuasion)
Build partnerships across the company: design, product, and business line teams. (strategy)
Mature our research practice in a way that scales for the demand for expertise across the pillars. (execution)
Evolve product development to think channel-agnostic and focus on meeting the needs of customers. (internal enablement)
**Note that this is not a game studio design role
- Design and conduct research studies to inform better employee and customer experiences, translate data into results that have a clear, direct impact on the design, product, operations, and overall business.
- Drive end-to-end design research lifecycle. Demonstrating skills and creativity for selecting the right mix of methods to provide actionable insights to research questions and business goals, and the capacity to invent new methods when the right method does not exist.
- Be an expert at prioritizing research questions from product teams and matching research insights and its delivery mechanisms with the priorities and strategic goals product pillars.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to advise product and business decisions through compelling storytelling such as presentations and any other creative approaches that you invent.
- Design and conduct mix-method research studies for all phases of a product launch testing cycle in a fast-paced environment.
- Advise internal stakeholder teams on research opportunities and best practices at various stages of the product management process
- Background in using a mixed-methods approach such as contextual remote interviews, usability testing, and surveying.
- Familiarity with prototyping and iterative design.
- Expert at survey methodology (e.g. bias correction and sampling), survey programming, and data analysis, particularly translating complex questions into efficient and focused inquiries.
- Experience influencing product, engineering, and design decisions based on your research insights and through the relationships you’ve established with your cross-functional partners.
- You are comfortable adapting to rapidly shifting goals/priorities and teams through change.
- Experience (5+ years) - Bachelor’s or Graduate degree welcomed.
Contact Rose Figliano, email@example.com