- Implementing and advancing a Customer Experience (CX) strategy that creates a compelling picture of the destination. The strategy will also establish customer satisfaction/loyalty objectives and metrics; processes for tracking results; and strategies for supporting program offices in quality improvement (e.g., how to select priorities; ways of regularly engaging staff and customers in selecting strategies for improving quality, when data/CX indicate this is important).
- Being part of leadership team focused on quality improvement at DHS. This includes working with program offices to distill CX and other information to be used in designing and implementing quality improvements. This will consist of developing ways of building understanding and mobilizing front-line staff.
- Leading and growing the CX staff. They already have developed new ways of extracting insights from customers about their experience, applying CX tools to uncover opportunities for improving service quality and needs for help, and putting a structure to surveying so that we are asking questions in the right way, of the right people. This team, skilled in data analysis, journey mapping, human centered design and survey methods, already has improved the way DHS delivers its services. (See examples section, below.) The Lead will support them by: defining team goals/priorities and reinforcing its collaborative culture; ensuring they have opportunities to develop their skills, including leadership skills, through mentoring/coaching, training, and ongoing feedback on performance.
- Assembling cross-organizational working groups to design/re-design programs and processes; and facilitating those groups so they produce quality, actionable work products.
- Executing CX research and design; conducting and presenting research and work with DHS analytics, data, IT, planning and program staff to use information and insights to develop new approaches to providing customers with the services they need.
- Training/mentoring program staff so that they can apply CX research and design with increasing sophistication; and working with stakeholders to collaboratively design and execute research studies.
- Working with IT and other leaders in analytics, technology and planning to establish a vision for CX that draws upon technology, data and analytics, best practices in the field, and staff/customer insights to improve customer satisfaction. This vision may include: delivering personalized experiences, across varying contexts; delivering messages and alerts; establishing more ways for customers to get information that allow them to take the next best action and solve problems.
Customer Surveys: The team led surveys of youth in foster care, to determine if they are able to do what most teens can (Youth in foster care); feedback using kiosks allowed DHS to determine points of lower/higher satisfaction in its homeless programs (Quick feedback); and texting surveys of people in lower-income communities led DHS to determine how to allocate a share of its federal funding.
Interested candidates should complete an application and submit a resume and cover letter online at:
Apply through direct link to application: https://secure4.entertimeonline.com/ta/6120442.jobs?ShowJob=201642501&prevScreenX=0&prevScreenY=0
*If hired for a position, candidates would work for Allegheny County, Department of Human Services and be employed by Great Lakes Behavioral Research Institute.
- It is innovative. Most recently, the national attention and awards we’ve gotten are for how DHS integrates data and uses them to improve the safety and well-being of children through tools that support front-line staff in making decisions (using predictive analytics).
- DHS is diverse, but we strive to be even more inclusive. Our director has made it his top priority that DHS is “the kind of place where a diverse group of talented people want to come, grow, and do their best work.” This includes equity in hiring and advancement, as well as in unleashing the creativity and ideas of staff at every level of DHS.
- It has strong, assertive leaders. We do not hire yes-people.
“DHS strives to be the kind of place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come to grow and do their best work.”
-From the organization’s statement on Equity and Inclusion