CoursesWhether we’re building fundamentals, evolving our craft, or extending into new roles and domains, ethnographers never stop learning. EPIC Courses are taught by expert practitioners in our community with small cohorts and close coaching.
Participants from all backgrounds, roles, sectors, and disciplines are welcome in our courses and community! EPIC Courses focus on:
- Actionable skills and expertise grounded in the complex realities of our work and social environments
- Creating and acting on deep insight about people and culture for positive, ethical impact in organizations
- Close, personal teaching and learning with outstanding practitioners around the world
We invite you to browse current offerings and read more about how our courses work.
How Do EPIC Courses Work?
Each course description includes detailed information about schedules, coursework, time commitments, and more. In general:
- Courses are conducted online and include live group sessions, homework, exercises, and other components.
- Assignments are designed to be flexible and feasible for working professionals. However, valuable learning does require your active engagement and commitment, so please consider your availability when you register. If you need to miss a session, a recording is usually available; contact us to confirm: email@example.com
- Enrollment is limited to 10–20 per course cohort.
- All course platforms and tools can be accessed from a browser or mobile app. If a course requires any additional materials, these will be listed in the course description.
- When possible, course schedules alternate season to season or year to year to accommodate participants in different world regions. However, scheduling depends on the instructor’s availability and time zone.
- Participants who successfully complete a course earn an EPIC Badge, part of the Open Badge system of accreditation. You can share badges on your website, LinkedIn, and other networks.
Diversity and Accessibility
We believe that diversity, pluriversality, and reflexivity are foundational to ethnography and learning. Course video is captioned and transcripts are available, and we try to match diverse abilities. We are happy to arrange payment plans, and a limited number of scholarships are available for some courses.
If you have questions about diversity, accessibility, or whether a course is a good fit for your interests, goals, schedule, or anything else, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration and Fees
Course fees and schedules are published on the page for each course. Course fees are in addition to EPIC Membership; if you are not already an EPIC Member, you will purchase membership before you register for a course.
Please contact us at email@example.com to:
- enroll multiple people in a course
- request a payment plan
- arrange payment by wire or bank transfer
- discuss a customized course or training for your team
- request a refund or transfer
You may cancel your course registration up to three weeks before the day of the course OR until the course is sold out, whichever comes first. You will receive a partial refund with a $25 cancellation fee. You may also transfer your registration to someone else at any time; the recipient must be an EPIC Member prior to transfer.