Department: Gender, Evidence and Insights
Vacancy Type: Fixed Term Contract
Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives.
We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create youth brands and mobile platforms for young people in ways they love and interact with. We deliver these through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
What You’ll Do
- Quality assure design of US research projects including interview tools in collaboration with local research specialists, thematic working groups, TEGAs and Research team in London
- Train and support in-country research specialists to conduct thematic analysis of interviews, which include large quantities of audio, video and photos.
- Work with research specialists to create insightful reports and presentations of key research findings and recommendations and ensure these are regularly presented to partners and working groups
- Deliver clear film briefs to film production house and oversee production process to ensure film reports are delivered to brief and on time
- Develop and deliver training for TEGAs in advanced interviewing skills throughout the year and in line with TEGA training curriculum designed with the Market Research Society
- Track TEGA skills and feedback to ensure standards are met in TEGA research across networks
- Monitor the uptake of TEGA recommendations amongst partner organisations and encourage them to commit to programme changes based on TEGA research findings
- Document learning and best practice across US networks to create guidance and process for rolling out new TEGA networks into additional US locations beyond 2018
Who You Are
- You have experience in using innovative participatory research methods, especially with young people
- Advanced qualitative research design and analysis skills
- Experience uncovering new insights and translating these into exciting, engaging reports and research outputs
- Experience working with marginalised groups and communities, particularly youth
- Degree/s in social sciences, anthropology, international development, gender or related field
- Experience of living/ working in the US, and in particular research experience in US context a plus
What Else You Should Know
As we continue to scale and grow - we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact.