The Associate Director for Qualitative Research, Consumer Insights assists the Director in leading the qualitative research team and is responsible for supporting the quality of research output as well as the financial, talent and client management of the practice area. He/she should be recognized and seen as a having a strong expertise base within the Qualitative research or Ethnographic research field (preferably both).
· Actively drive issue-based analyses, deliver proactive insights, and build effective analytical presentations and consultative story-telling to clients with insightful and actionable recommendations.
· Deliver three aspects of actionable insights KPIs: (1) quality of data, (2) quality of analysis and (3) quality of delivery (incl. reporting and presentation).
· Build strong relationships with clients through empathetic understanding of clients’ needs/requirements and consultative advisory.
· Love interacting with prospective/existing clients and help with identifying new business opportunities by providing solutions to their business problems.
· Assist in driving continuous innovation and leverage on new techniques and technologies to the field of qualitative research.
· Provide ideas and thoughtful insights into new ideas and research initiatives, showing competency in Thought Leadership
· Having at least 4-6 years working in Qualitative Market Research, Ethnographic Market Research or related jobs
· Degree in sociology, anthropology and psychology will be desirable
· Diverse practical experience in different qualitative research methods (e.g. focus groups, ethnography, in-depth/expert interviews, grounded theory, projective techniques, etc.)
· Strong research discipline and exposure, with ability to synergize both quantitative and qualitative research
· Experienced in helping to manage a team
· Experience with financial and commercial responsibility
· Result-focused; optimistic; loves changes and making a difference
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 15% of the Time