Our company was founded on the principle that design and technology work in tandem to create superior user experiences. We believe that all great experiences are derived from a deep understanding of how people use products.
It is our mission to continually raise the bar for how UX and technology services are delivered, as well as advance the tools needed to create, manage and support enterprise-wide user experience initiatives.
- We are a consulting company — Our experienced multidisciplinary teams are expected to deliver custom solutions and strategies for our clients. We’re not an agency or resourcing company.
- We focus on the complicated stuff — We solve big, connected problems by developing enterprise portals and tools; transaction infrastructure and interfaces; and eCommerce solutions.
- We work directly with clients — We don’t rely on others to translate requirements and feedback; we hear it directly from the source.
- We develop expertise across industries — Our clients span financial services, healthcare, higher education, insurance, manufacturing, publishing, real estate, retail infrastructure, technology, travel and more.
- What we value – We value team members who are kind, passionate, empathic, and collaborative. We hire people who want to continue to learn and grow and are willing to engage in our company to help evolve and improve it.
Our Innovation by Design Director will work with clients to help transform their businesses and identify how digital and emerging technologies will impact their business. We are looking for an experienced innovation consultant who can apply design thinking, digital strategy to challenging problems. The candidate should be passionate about conducting fieldwork to join a growing team. Qualified candidates will work with a Global team, but be based in the US. Ideal candidates will come from a top digital consultancy or academia, with a solid portfolio of design research and strategy
- Conduct field research tasks such as ethnography, stakeholder interviews, contextual inquiries, and workshops.
- Plan and support Innovation by Design Programs
- Facilitate workshops and present results
- Always be an advocate and have empathy for the people whose lives the product or service will affect.
- Continuously iterate designs based on customer feedback and refine solutions
- Combine domain expertise, lean principles and digital engineering & analytics across front, middle and back office to deliver real impact
- Business Analysis/Strategy
- Understand high level functionality of a clients business processes and supporting applications
- Develop business requirements, roadmaps, process flows, and other business analysis artifacts as needed
- Support account teams in defining the approach to solving the clients’ needs.
- 5+ years of experience in consulting
- Knowledge of Design Thinking domain and previous experience facilitating applied Design Thinking workshops with clients
- Experience in the consulting services domain as an external or internal consultant
- Strong listener
- Strong storyteller – Visually, Orally, in Writing
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and virtual environment
- Proven leadership skills
- Located in NYC, Boston, or San Fransisco
- Educational background: B.A./B.S./PhD, cognitive science, anthropology, Master’s or doctorate (or equivalent experience) in Cognitive Science, anthropology, behavioral economics, sociology, human computer interaction, or other human science disciplines
- Abiility to understand digital technology and analytics – understanding of what digital does (e.g. where NLP can be applied, what “ambient computing is”)
- A passion for not just staying up-to-date with the design research field but also knowledgeable of emerging technology, new business trends and data science.
Client Management Expectations:
We are committed to providing exceptional client solutions and this will be a client facing role – the ideal candidate will be comfortable interacting with senior management. Projects can last from 4 weeks to several months. The majority of projects will require the candidate to be on-site at the client as needed for meetings, workshops, and presentations. Otherwise, working in the office with the project team. There is flexibility to work from home on occasion.
Most assignments require travel for user research, client meetings and workshops held at key innovation centers hubs (Palo Alto, NYC, London). Teams working primarily off site are required to travel to the client site (within the US and internation). Candidate should be comfortable with travel (expected 50%-75%) and overtime, as client commitment requires.
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.