At WillowTree, we bring our clients’ ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best product.
As a Senior User Researcher at WillowTree, you'll lead research engagements that directly impact the digital strategy of our clients' products from idea conception to product launch. At WillowTree, you get to approach research holistically and gain experience with a variety of industries and digital products.
- Building trust and credibility with clients through empathy and open communication
- Partnering with clients to set research and business goals and resolving any conflicts to ensure the users’ best interest
- Collaborating with product strategists and product designers to design rigorous research methodologies while considering timeline and scope
- Identifying important research questions and implement user-centered research methods that translate to digital features and design
- Drawing from a breadth of tools and approaches to investigate UX questions such as user interviews, surveys, ethnographic research, and usability tests
- Identifying patterns from qualitative and quantitative data sets to drive product direction and implementation
- Compiling and present findings to stakeholders in a clear, actionable, and compelling way
- Advocating for research best practices across the company and with our clients
- You’ve been conducting UX research for 5+ years in the digital industry or 2+ years after an advanced graduate degree in an applicable field of research
- You can demonstrate mastery in quantitative or qualitative research, and a baseline level understanding of the other
- You’ve conducted research within the digital and/or mobile product space
- You’re empathetic to client needs and can help find solutions if problems arise
- You have experience selecting appropriate research methodologies while considering timelines and constraints
- You’re comfortable designing and conducting interviews, surveys, ethnographic research, usability tests, competitive landscapes, secondary research (e.g. literature reviews), etc
- You possess the ability to creatively target and recruit participants based on personas
- You have the ability to recognize patterns, disentangle confounding variables, and synthesize information
- You have experience presenting complex ideas to clients and team members in a compelling and actionable way
- Some travel required
- Advanced quantitative research skills and/or statistics background
- Digital agency experience
- Have shipped products with features based on your research
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Visit the website to apply. If you have questions, feel free to reach out to Claire Maiers, Principal Product Researcher, at Claire.email@example.com